Поиск

В разделе:  

Друзья сайта
Коллекционирование -> Общие вопросы -> Turbo Accessories
fenerbahCHE2010-09-11 14:20:31

Из: Turkey

Серьёзный коллекционер

I wanted to show to the collectors a few turbo related items i have. They are not as rich as the tipitip items and some of them might be seen already but maybe its a good thing to do to place them under a category and hopefully more items will be added in time.

First of all i dont want to repeat the turbo magazine advertisements from old Turkish Children's magazines as they were already entered in the site. The links :

http://wrappers.ru/?act=forum&showtopic=1324
http://wrappers.ru/?act=forum&showtopic=1364
http://wrappers.ru/?act=forum&showtopic=1494

In Turkey Kent were selling the turbo 2003 series in some gelatin packages in the supermarkets, just like the tipitip packages. I am not exactly sure but these packages seem to have been sold locally only. The pack included super and sport mixture of 17-18 gums. They were sold only in large supermarkets. You couldn't pass a small piece of gum through the cashier in a supermarket so this was the solution. There were three different packages :

Прикреплённая картинка
fenerbahCHE2010-09-11 14:21:12

Серьёзный коллекционер

Прикреплённая картинка
fenerbahCHE2010-09-11 14:21:44

Серьёзный коллекционер

Прикреплённая картинка
fenerbahCHE2010-09-11 14:25:26

Серьёзный коллекционер

These packages always had a small gift inside. They were placed inside the exact boxes seen on the packages. They included simple plastic toy cars.
Here is 2 of those boxes :

Прикреплённая картинка
fenerbahCHE2010-09-11 14:28:03

Серьёзный коллекционер

The gifts and the boxes could be different. Some times you got this toy from the package with the cardboard box. This one is more interesting as it has both the kent and the turbo logo, where the oval boxes above have only kent logo :

Прикреплённая картинка
fenerbahCHE2010-09-11 14:30:00

Серьёзный коллекционер

This is the well known 600 gum bucket, probably distributed around 96-98 or so..

Прикреплённая картинка
LeonidX2010-09-11 14:45:44

Из: Tallinn

От такого ведра не отказался бы ))))
kaamoos2010-09-14 13:46:37

What time ago you have these stuff?
fenerbahCHE2010-09-19 15:56:54

Серьёзный коллекционер

I bought the packages around 2004-06 in supermarkets. The toys came with them. From the buckets i have 2, one of them i found recently. The other one i had found about 3-4 years ago..
TzucuNY2010-10-11 04:04:07

Из: New York

Any chance you would sell any of this stuff?
fenerbahCHE2010-10-11 12:49:39

Серьёзный коллекционер

I generally dont like to sell. I dont sell normal wrappers either. I feel it takes the fun out of collecting when money is involved.

these things are not old at all but unfortunately super rare. Its easly explained why: These items were not exported, and there are very few collectors in Turkey. Thats why they become rare only after a few years. (Agressor is not completely wrong..)

from the bucket i have 2. I could exchange it with something but equally unusual.

i can exchange anything i listed here with these turbo cards : (but they are even more difficult) :
http://wrappers.ru/?act=coll&acm=coll&id=2721
TzucuNY2010-10-13 05:40:34

I'm surprised there are only a few collectors in Turkey, especially since that's the country of origin of Turbo. I have never seen those Turbo until I came on this site. I don't have any and I wish I did. I really like unusual Turbo stuff. The only thing I have is #3-7 Turbo Legends, I don't know if that interests you. Is there anything else I could offer you for the bucket or any of the other stuff? I am in the U.S. maybe you collect something that I can find here...
fenerbahCHE2011-05-29 17:03:18

Серьёзный коллекционер

Some time ago i saw this sticker in a shop in the city of Ankara that i entered by coincidence. I saw the sticker on the side of a metal table and was very surprised as the shop looked new. He explained the shop was old, but repainted and renovated so looked new. Of course the guy was very surprised and confused when i asked if i could remove it by his permission, but finally allowed me to try to remove it.

I think its from the years when power was on sale there, specially made for shops to stick on their windows or any visible area for advertisement. Its size is about 16X12 cm. It was already stuck so i removed it as best as i can. I than glued it on a hard cardboard and covered with clear plastic to keep it.

On that old table's side panel there was also same size sticker of Transformers, but if i had asked for it also the guy would probably throw me out..!

Прикреплённая картинка
fenerbahCHE2011-07-24 21:51:55

Серьёзный коллекционер

This came from a bankrupt and closed down printing house. I guess at the time one of the companies that they prepared advertisements for was Kent. They did not throw away all the sample advertisement prints that they prepared and the Kent related prints eventually found me.
This advertisement has all the Kent gum products at the time, probably late 80's.

Прикреплённая картинка
 JX2502011-07-25 10:50:54

Матёрый коллекционер

TzucuNY2011-10-10 20:23:44

Nice!!
fenerbahCHE2011-12-22 23:23:13

Серьёзный коллекционер

Recently I have come across some incredible Kent items. Almost all of these items are gift items, probably never seen before , including myself.

Here i will post several turbo items. First i should mention that these are genuine Kent items, not pirated at the time, using the Turbo name. This information comes from a very reliable source. The quality of the items makes that clear anyway.

I start with this unbelievable Turbo 1-50 card game. Please check the link where i have posted the images of the cards, the back of the card and the the box for the card :

http://wrappers.ru/?act=coll&acm=coll&id=5571

On the front face of the card box we read the following note in Turkish : ‘ A Gift from Kent. Not For Sale’ . I guess that explains why we have never seen these cards before. This is an item only given as a gift to kids when 1-50 was for sale, probably around 1986-87 etc. In Turkey April 23 is the Children’s Day, (Also a national holiday) and on every april 23 there are special events taking place for children; children’s theatre, puppet shows, parades etc. I am guessing Kent had a dressed up truck participating on a day like this, giving out free gifts like this. (I have seen old photos of old Kent trucks like this)

So these cards were available for public only a few days, never for sale. I leave it you to decide how rare these cards are…

You can see in the link but here i will post an example of a card and the reverse :

Прикреплённая картинка
fenerbahCHE2011-12-22 23:23:46

Серьёзный коллекционер

the back of the cards :

Прикреплённая картинка
fenerbahCHE2011-12-22 23:26:30

Серьёзный коллекционер

In the back of the box there is a description of how to play the ‘Turbo Race’ game. Here is the translation :

“TURBO RACE

Its a game played by 2 players.
The cards are shuffled and handed out one by one to each player face down. The starting player takes the top one of his/her cards and picks one of the three values (cylinder- motor, HP, Max. Speed) that he/she thinks is the more powerful. If the opponents card value of the same type is lower than his/hers, he/she takes the opponents card and places on the bottom of his/her stack of cards, together with the winning card. The same is repeated for the card which is now on top. This will continue until the opponents card value is higher on one of the three contested categories. In that case the opponent will continue in the same manner. If the value happens to be the same, the starting player for that particular turn is the winner. Super Turbo cards are more powerful than any card.If any player has only 3 cards left, he/she has the right to pick the contested value of any one of the three cards. The player who takes all the cards or at the end of a set time period the player with more cards is the winner.

When the cards are soiled you can wipe them with a wet cloth.”

Over several days i will post other turbo items, again some amazing things. I feel i am walking on the clouds these days..
allkatraz2011-12-22 23:52:30

Из: Romania

Серьёзный коллекционер

It's at times like this i wish i was born in Turkey...
TzucuNY2011-12-26 04:02:39

Awesome!!!
Fenix2011-12-27 21:14:53

Из: Красноярск

Коллекционер

I WANT THIS SERIES!
fenerbahCHE2012-01-16 19:13:48

Серьёзный коллекционер

The Turbo Board Game…:

Here we have a very attractive Kent Turbo board game for kids. Its made of cardboard and both sides are printed . One side is the “ Traffic Game” and the other side is “ Formula 1 Race Track”.

I couldnt all fit in the scanner so you can see half and half. Turbo and Kent logos are in the lower right corner of the board.

According to what i read on the game this was actually in a box. So there was a boxed Kent Turbo game..! Just Incredible. But I have only this game board. The games were played with a special arrow mounted on a small carboard (included in the box) and you spin the arrow and when it stops it shows the value of how many squares the player should advance. (Instead of throwing a dice i guess) You should also have Turbo Super cards ( this card series can be seen in the Turbo section of wrappers.ru) and also other cards called flop-Trak cards, kind of a taso type card. ( I have one of these, i will post further down)

There is a general cashier where each player must give 1 turbo super card and 1 flop-Trak card in the beginning of the game. At certain squares you have to give or take these cards as you advance in the game. For example in the Traffic game lets say you start with a 5 on the arrow. You advance to 5th square and there it says “ There is a garbage truck here. Wait one turn or give one flop-Trak card to cashier” (I would wait for sure..!) Similarly in the Formula game in one of the squares it says “ You have entered the pit stop. Wait one turn and take one supercard from the cashier”..etc.

I have no idea how this game was given to kids, or when etc. Its obvious that it wasn’t for sale. It must be in some special promotion. Also in Turkey when companies join professional fairs and expositions they always try to produce something new to give away during the fair. Maybe it was a product for that purpose.

The size is about 30x45 cm.

Прикреплённая картинка
fenerbahCHE2012-01-16 19:14:41

Серьёзный коллекционер

The right side of the Traffic game :

Прикреплённая картинка
fenerbahCHE2012-01-16 19:15:32

Серьёзный коллекционер

Left side of the Formula game :

Прикреплённая картинка
fenerbahCHE2012-01-16 19:16:09

Серьёзный коллекционер

and the right side :

Прикреплённая картинка
fenerbahCHE2012-01-16 19:16:43

Серьёзный коллекционер

Flop-Trak Card :

Прикреплённая картинка
fenerbahCHE2012-01-16 19:17:04

Серьёзный коллекционер

The reverse :

Прикреплённая картинка
TzucuNY2012-02-24 01:33:24

Just when I thought I knew about everything that has a Turbo logo on it, you keep proving me wrong
fenerbahCHE2012-05-09 13:12:21

Серьёзный коллекционер

This is another large Turbo sticker, very similar to the turbo power sticker i have placed in this forum topic. But this one is not used, in perfect shape, again given to shops to stick on their windows as advertisement.

The size is 11x16 cm.

Прикреплённая картинка
fenerbahCHE2013-03-14 20:22:36

Серьёзный коллекционер

Here we have a vary nice little item from the Turbo world. It seems Kent people were very interested in promoting their products with many side items and gifts. This could be the most beloved turbo item i have, its the top item in my turbo treasure chest..

Its a very small car picture album. The size of it is only 4x6cm., probably made so small so it will easily fit in the hands of a small child. Total number pages are 32, with a car picture in almost every page. Only in page 2 and page 31 there are no car pictures but car manufacturers' logos.

I start with the cover (page 1). The title obviously says "Turbo Super Car Series-1"

Прикреплённая картинка
fenerbahCHE2013-03-14 20:24:26

Серьёзный коллекционер

Page 2 and Page 3.

On bottom of page 2 we see the note saying " Gift of Kent Company. Not for Sale"

Прикреплённая картинка
fenerbahCHE2013-03-14 20:25:17

Серьёзный коллекционер

Pages 4 and 5 :

Прикреплённая картинка
fenerbahCHE2013-03-14 20:27:12

Серьёзный коллекционер

Pages 16 and 17, pages in the center of the album :

Прикреплённая картинка
fenerbahCHE2013-03-14 20:31:35

Серьёзный коллекционер

The front and back cover of the album. Here we see the same car, front rear views.

(Yes boys and Girls, you guessed it right, there is a "Turbo Super Car Series-2" also. Not only that but also an incredible "Turbo Classic Car Series" album. But lets not consume them all at once, slowly and surely they will appear here..!)

Прикреплённая картинка
 denis2013-03-15 09:56:03

Из: Московская область

Коллекционер

fenerbahCHE:
More, please more!
fenerbahCHE2013-11-29 15:07:29

Серьёзный коллекционер

I would like to share some more information after seeing some new material :

As you remember Kent produced not only Turbo wrappers but cards. Until now we know of 2 examples, the turbo 1-50 card set in its special box and the turbo super cards.

When we look at the outside packaging of the Turbo super cards, we see that the pack included 1 turbo super card , 1 flop trak card ( some sort od a cardboard tasso) and 4 gums. Its only now that i notice the pack included also these flop trak cards. Until now i didnt know how the flop trak cards were offered by kent to kids.

Now when i look more carefully on the the Turbo game board i have shown here previously, (the traffic and formula game) , i see that in order to play these games each player (or kid) had to have a number of turbo super cards and flop trak cards. Through the games you see the notes :"wait one tour or place one super card on the board" or "advance one square and pick up one flop trak card" etc. ( and just as an interesting detail : the player who wins the game can take all the cards on the board + 1 gold card from each player OR 2 super cards. That means 1 gold card was equal to 2 super cards in the game. So careful when exchanging..:-)

Here we have a sure conclusion that before i was guessing only : When the turbo super card packs were being sold in the shops these games definitely were also on offer. Its hard to know how they were offered : as a free game to be picked up in the shop if you bought 10 card packs for example, or sold as a seperate product, or was it offered by kent through mail to the persons who mailed 5 or 10 empty covers... hard to know. I will try to get this information also.

One other thing we know from the printed explanations that the game was offered in a box, together with a round spin-n-point indicator (instead of throwing dice). So this makes the -sold as a seperate product - theory a bit stronger.
fenerbahCHE2014-05-24 13:03:55

Серьёзный коллекционер

Another shop window advertisement sticker from early turbo period. I found other material with this sticker, all from years 1986, 87, 88 etc. So that makes me think the chances are 99% that this sticker is from the 1-50 years. The way it looks, the material, the printing all points to early technology anyway. Just one more surrise from the turbo world, I think we as collectors should be thankful to Kent people as they were so interested in producing side items like this, which makes turbo (or gum) collecting much more colorful.

Прикреплённая картинка
BankIR2014-05-25 00:09:38

Из: turbobank.clan.su

Собиратель

мать моя тереза! а можно в наилучшем разрешении?
fenerbahCHE2014-05-29 10:24:38

Серьёзный коллекционер

I have been trying to place these in Turbo 1-50 as they are different from whats uploaded there already in terms of color and year.. For some reason the administrator does not let them be there or answer my questions why. So at least I place them here :

Turbo 1-50 cover, 1986 Blue :

Прикреплённая картинка
Рейтинг@Mail.ru